Analyse over 750 benchmark metrics to inform your strategic financial planning and make smarter investment and savings decisions
Tribal Benchmarking provides comparative analysis of your resources, giving you the financial insight you need to challenge stakeholder assumptions and drive organisational investment. With separate benchmarking models used for universities and colleges, you benefit from sector specific comparisons. Our consultants work onsite to collect data, and deliver detailed presentations to help you improve buy-in and ensure report findings are fully understood.
Comprehensive resource analysis
- Activity/service resource consumption
- Identify immediate financial savings and medium to long-term cost reduction opportunities
- Identify specific investment needs
- Strategic resource allocation analysis
Sector specific comparison
- Multiple benchmarks – compare against prior years and sector trends; peer groups and “best practice”
- Affordability reviews
- Distance travelled analysis
- Download the higher education brochure
Preparing for the future
- Shape your cost base to improve student outcomes
- Perform financial sustainability and sensitivity modelling
- Model the impact of financial change
- Monitor growth or cost reduction plans
- Assess effectiveness of Support Service
- Align service effectiveness analysis with financial analysis to produce an assessment of value for money
- Use combined analysis as a powerful tool to drive change
The Tribal staff involved in the project were universally excellent and very adept at dealing effectively with University staff from all contexts and at all levels.
Director of Corporate Planning and Deputy Registrar, University of York
We turned to Tribal to help us improve our cost base, following continued cuts in our adult skills grants. Tribal responded extremely quickly; as a result, we were able to remove £14m of pay and non-pay costs immediately with a view to further reductions over time. This has helped significantly improve our financial position.
Chief Operating Officer, Birmingham Metropolitan College
I found that the process and methodology adopted was very robust and the findings clearly communicated at both summary and detailed level. The team were very professional and provided clear and concise insight into the results and the key challenges that were needed to be addressed.
Chief Financial Officer, Ulster University
How is the service delivered?
Data collection and categorisation is carried out onsite by our experienced consultants, and results are delivered through onsite feedback presentations and through our Benchmark+ web portal.
How long does a project take?
It depends on the size of the university or college. Commonly a project will take 2-4 months from start to finish, including 20-30 person days supplied by Tribal consultants.
What’s the return on investment?
On average we identify opportunities for savings equivalent to 3% of university/college income.
How much does it cost?
It depends on the size of the university or college. The average cost of a project for university is £45,000 + expenses + VAT. Average college cost is £15,000 + expenses + VAT.
What about confidentiality?
The sensitive nature of much of the data that we require means that encrypted file transfer is essential. Securesend removes the risk associated with data transfer by unencrypted email, and has the additional benefit of being able to reliably handle large files. Your results will feed into the Tribal databank to form part of our anonymous comparator averages; we will never share your results individually.